Friday Night Football Fellowship!
You’re invited to join us for football fellowship this fall! We will be attending three games (one for each of the Parker high schools). This Friday, 9/9 we will be attending the Ponderosa game at 7PM (vs Douglas County High School). The game will be at Ponderosa HS and we will be sitting in the northeast area of the stands. Get in the stands FACING the mountains and then scoot to your right! 😉 Tickets are around $5 a person. Come on out and join us! We’ll try to be waving a sign.
Sunday, September 11, 2016
Sunday School – Yes! Sr. High in the Youth Room (144), Jr. High in Room 138
Youth Group – Yes! Snack Supper provided by the White Family – Thank you!
Jr. High – 5-6:30
Sr. High 6-7:30, Come to the Kick Off of The 7 Habits of Teenagers by Jen Huey -Being a teen can be a tough part of life. You’re busy…there’s a lot of expectations…problem are real…and you just can’t turn them off or make them go away. The good news is that there are tools that can help you deal with real life, and even become the most effective version of yourself. Join us at Youth Group this semester as we put a Christian spin on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. Even if you can’t make it to every Sunday, join us when you can because some Habits are better than no Habits!
Game Day on August 28 was a lot of fun with many people in attendance, lots of games were played and many cookies were eaten!
Upcoming Events August/September See Details Below
- Fri. 9/9 – Ponderosa Football Fellowship
- Fri. 9/16 – Jr. High Lock In
- Sun. 9/18 – Sr. High Ropes Course
- Sun. 9/25 – Jr. High Ropes Course
- Fri. 9/30 – Sr. High – Special Needs Homecoming Dance
Sign Up Now – Ropes Course Team & Faith Building
Get your homework done and come on! SIGN UP AS SOON AS YOU CAN if you plan to attend. Please email me (April@ParkerUMC.org) or sign up on the clipboard in the youth room. We ask you to pay $20, which is half of the cost, anytime from now up to the date of the event. We would love for EVERY youth to participate, so we can really get to know and trust each other as a group. I will definitely need some parent drivers. (You are welcome to stay and help/participate, but it’s not required.) The ropes course is in Larkspur. We will meet at the church at 11:45, for a 12 departure. Please eat before you arrive. Expectation is to return to the church between 6-6:30PM. Students will call parents on the way back for a more accurate pick up time.
Senior High September 18, 11:45-6:00PM
Junior High September 25, 11:45-6:00PM
Put it on your calendar – Friday, September 16, 7PM at the church. Pick up from the church will be Saturday, at 9 AM. Students need to bring a sleeping bag and pillow (air mattress or cot if desired). Even if your child says they are not going to sleep, please have them bring these items! I will also need 2-3 brave adults! I just need some extra eyes/supervision. Email me if you’re able to help out. April@ParkerUMC.org
Special Homecoming Dance
Senior High – We have a unique opportunity to reach out to the special needs community on September 30th. Here at the church there will be a Homecoming Dance. If you’re available to attend you’ll experience something wonderful and amazing that will keep you returning year after year. Arrive all dressed and spiffy at 5:45, so we can line the walks and welcome the attendees with claps and cheers as they arrive. Spend the evening visiting and dancing with some wonderful young adults. They will have a great time, and so will you! Friday, September 30, from 5:45 – 8:30.
3 Opportunities for Volunteer Hours
- The Feed My Starving Children Fundraising committee is planning a family event on Sunday, Sept. 11th from9am till about noon. It’s a “Feed-Raiser” Painting Party. We need extra hands for cleaning up paint spills, distributing supplies and walking people through the steps. Would you be interested in helping with the event for a couple of hours for community service hours? Please text Jen Huey at 720-878-4954if you’re available.
- Joyful Noise Children’s Choir needs some teenage volunteers. If you’re in 8th grade or older, you’re eligible to help! Joyful Noise meets from 4-5:30 on Wednesdays. You can receive community service hours, but you’ll also be rewarded emotionally as these children will look up to you and love you! Contact Krisha at (303-518-7797) krisha@parkerumc.
org or Wendy McDevitt at (303-503-4489) firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Global Hope Ladies’ Tea on Saturday, September 17 from 2-3:30 PM at the church could use some help with replenishing food and hot water for tea to the guests as well as some general cleanup tasks.